Read the Ontario government media release announcing the 2020 cormorant hunting season.
The following letters were submitted to the Government of Ontario between December 2018 – September 2020. During that time, an Environmental Bill of Rights “public consultation” was conducted and other input was sought by the province. Note: The hunting season that was originally proposed by the province was reduced from more than 10 months to 3 1/2 months and the daily cormorant bag limit was reduced from 50 birds per day to 15 birds per day.
- Atlantic Flyway Council submission to Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources public consultation
- Canadian groups letter to Ontario government Finance Committee re cormorant hunting season
- Ontario Nature/ David Suzuki Foundation EBR 013-4124 response on proposed cormorant hunt
- Ontario Field Ornithologists Cormorant Proposal Response
- Zoocheck response to proposed cormorant hunting season
- Bird Studies Canada – Response to proposed hunting season for cormorants in Ontario
- Comments on proposed cormorant hunt from Dr. Gail Fraser, York University
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers Association cormorant hunting season letter