Animal Characteristics and Adaptations
- Become a nature detective and learn all about Toronto’s amazing urban wildlife through animal tracks and signs.
- Check out the amazing differences in the tracks that animals like raccoons, squirrels, beavers, rabbits, coyotes and deer leave behind. Choose your favourite track and make your own plaster cast of it to keep.
- Create your own identification book of animal tracks.
- Animals leave behind other signs too, not just tracks. Study some animal signs and find out who shed their skin, who chewed that stick, who built a nest, who left some food behind, and more.
- Learn how to tell the difference between a herbivore’s and a carnivore’s diet when you play a scat guessing game.
- Put it all together and find out how exciting and challenging tracking wild animals can be.
- Learn some great ways to show respect and kindness to the wild animals that share our city.