- Discover how polar bears are superbly adapted for life in a cold world.
- Experiment with blubber and ice water to find out how polar bears stay warm.
- Check out a polar bear’s skull and teeth, and learn what it eats.
- Try your best to see if you can jump as far as a polar bear can when it pounces on its prey.
- Investigate how polar bears’ feet are adapted for ice and snow. Who has better feet for walking in the Arctic, you or the polar bear?
- Play “The Great Polar Bear Migration”. Work cooperatively to hunt for seals as you cross the frozen ocean. Will you gain enough weight to survive?
- Put it all together by comparing a captive habitat with a wild one, and find out why polar bears are ill-suited for life in captivity.
- Best of all, find out what you can do to help Yupi, a captive polar bear living in Mexico.